To ensure your jewelry keeps its shiny best for as long as possible, we strongly encourage you follow these simple steps:
- Avoid exposure to chemicals products, such as perfume and cosmetic products.
- Silver and gold being precious metals, you do not have to be concerned of your jewelry getting rusty or turning black or green. However, an intensive contact with water can weaken the gold plated on your jewelry. For the conservation of the gold plating, we strongly recommend not to wet the jewelry, since contact with water can reduce the life of the plating.
- We encourage to avoid any contact with chlorine, and limit contact with sand and saltwater. If you wear your jewels in sea water, we recommend that you rinse them with clean water after swimming and dry them with a soft cloth.
- We also recommend to remove your jewelry when sleeping, before doing exercise to keep them away from punches and for any activity that involves sweating of the skin.
- Store them in dry and cool place. Jewels can lose their shine when exposed to air during a long time.
- Avoid extreme temperatures and direct sunlight.
- Do not pressure or squeeze jewelry. Sterling silver is a delicate material and putting to much pressure can lead to your jewelry got broken.
- Gold-plated silver jewelry should only be cleaned gently with a microfiber cloth specifically for cleaning jewelry, without applying any liquid or product.
- To restore the shine of your silver jewelry, simply rub them gently with a specific microfiber cloth. To clean them, you can use a small amount of neutral soap mixed with warm water and rub your jewelry gently with a soft brush.
JŌIA cannot ensure that the gold-plating on your jewels will last forever. Gold-plated items are fine items which might be subject to lose color over time. The fades can results of various factors, such as the use of chemical products or the pH level of the consumer’s skin. This might happens more likely with rings, which are more subjects to be in contact with sweat and chemicals such as the ones contained in soaps, handcreams or other cosmetics and detergents.
This is why it is key to follow the simple steps stated upfront to ensure your jewelry lasts for many years!
Also remember that our base material being 925 sterling silver, in case the gold plating comes to fades after the years, you will still be able to use your jewelry as beautiful silver items that will last forever!
Can I shower with my jewelry?
Silver and gold being precious metals, you do not have to be concerned of your jewelry getting rusty or turning black.
However, for gold plating items, an intensive contact with water can fragilize the gold plated on your jewelry. For the conservation of the gold plating, we strongly recommend not to wet the jewelry, since contact with water can reduce the life of the plating.
We also recommend to avoid contact with chlorine and limit contact with sand and salt water. If you swim in sea water, we encourage that you rinse your jewelry with clean water and dry it with a soft cloth right after to keep their shine.
How long will it take to receive my order?
Items ships 2-3 business days after purchase.
Once you have placed your order we will send you a confirmation email.
After your package has left our warehouse and begun the delivery process, we will send you another email with a tracking number and you will be able to follow the stages of delivery on the shipping companies website for an estimate on when your product will arrive.
You can always contact us for any tracking question at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can I return my order ?
Returns are accepted on all unworn, undamaged items within 30 days of the purchase date.
We have a 30-day return policy, which means you have 30 days after receiving your item to request a return.
To be eligible for a return, your item must be in the same condition that you received it, unworn or unused, and in its original packaging. You’ll also need the receipt or proof of purchase.
To start a return, you can contact us at email@example.com.
If your return is accepted, we’ll send you a return shipping label, as well as instructions on how and where to send your package.
You can always contact us for any return question at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can I cancel my order?
All shipped orders cannot be cancelled.
If you wish to cancel your order, let us know as soon as possible by contacting our customer service and we'll do as much as we can.
My package arrived damaged or I got the wrong item, what can I do ?
Please inspect your order upon reception and contact us immediately if the item is defective, damaged or if you receive the wrong item, so that we can evaluate the issue and make it right for you :)
I have sensitive ears / skin, should I wear JŌIA jewelry?
Our products are made with only precious metals: silver & gold.
That means you don’t have to worry about allergies since these metals are hypoallergenic and the best choice for sensitive skins. So you can definitely wear JŌIA jewelry on any type of skins, even the most sensitive ones!